Take a peek in your bathroom drawer and you will find as assortment of goodies. You know what I am talking about your: body cream, face cream, deodorant, make-up, perfume, and hair spray. Please take a look at the multitude of chemicals, dyes, and perfumes that grace these products ingredients. The skin absorbs all of this when you use it on your body.
After reading a few articles and talking to some environmental and health conscious friends, I decided to change up a few of my daily products and have found that the switch is not only more simple, but it has saved me some money along the way.
Below are my top 5 go-to for everyday necessities
- Unrefined Coconut Oil: LOVE it is a great replacement for body lotion. Infact, it keeps skin more mostirized than majority of body creams (especially in the artic winter months) Coconut oil doubles as eye make-up remover and a great mouth rinse if you want to whiten your teeth (and many, many other uses.) $6.99 http://www.target.com/p/simply-balanced-coconut-oil-unrefined/-/A-16691278
- Tom’s Deodorent: I usually have 2 of these bad boys going at once. I sweat daily. Enough said. My favorite is the Lavender deodorant (note: this isn’t anti-perspirent) sweating is healthy and pores aren’t meant to be clogged. Sorry, not sorry. $3.79 http://www.target.com/p/tom-s-of-maine-long-lasting-stick-deodorant-lavender/-/A-11204565#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=toms+deodorant
- Mineral Fusion Lip Tint: I have 2 of these suckers. “Glow” is my favorite shade and I discovered it at the Co-Op near my work while killing some time on my lunch break. I order it here: $9.99 http://www.mineralfusion.com/collections/cosmetics/products/sheer-moisture-mineral-lip-tint?variant=1235181599
- Love and Light Hand Cream from Lush Cosmetics: Love their products and scents. Found it here $19.95 http://www.lushusa.com/Love-And-Light/9999904431,en_US,pd.html
- Whisper Essential oil– feminine and a nice combination of rose, ylang Ylang, cinnamon, cistus, vetiver, jasmine, cocoa, vanilla, Hawaiian sandalwood, patchoulli
What are your tips and tricks? Please comment below!