“Ah yes, can I have the garden salad with grilled chicken and balsamic vinegar and olive oil on the side?”
I stare at my glass of water with a little lemon afloat on the top. I participate in conversation and take my mind off the fact that I am killing for a piece of gluten free bread right about meeeow. I remind myself that this phase will pass and before I know it I will feel freakishly good (sigh).
I am sorry if you have no idea what the Whole 30 is, but let me explain.
30 days of: veggies, quality protein, some fruit and nuts
NO: dairy, legumes, grains, processed anything
Let me take you through the past 7 days.
- Holy, I need a nap…yes, I have taken a bit of a nap somewhere in the middle of the day
- Headaches-my body misses sugar and therefore gives me a great migraine to deal with (fabulous)
- Apples have become my fav (hello, pink lady crispness)
- My past sugar relationship was real…I miss Lara bars like no other
- Green tea and peppermint tea are lovely
- Asleep by 9:30 because making it past 9 is extremely difficult
- Crabbing out on all things…seriously don’t mess with me until day 10 grrrrrrr
- My workouts have been mediocre, however, today was kick ass so things are looking up
- I am currently upping my running so…shall be continued
- I have consumed many eggs this week…thinking I need my own chicken
I am REALLY looking forward to next week.
Tonight I plan to try out a new recipe from a cool gal I met at a coffee shop:
Sautéed Swiss Chard (minus the parmesan)
and I’ll pair it with sweet potato’s:
& a lean turkey patty!
What have you been munching on? Are you upping your running too? Ditching sugar? Signing up for a race? Fill me in!
High five to you, Candice
post image source: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRiePMUCUAAqZUz.jpg:large