This post is going to be short and sweet because as soon as you read it (get ready) I want you to put together your own “list-o-bliss”
It is when things get stressful, think: change, work-load, exercise plan, and appointments that we get caught up in the stress cycle. We forget about the good things going on and hunker down and focus on the craziness at hand. This is a great coping technique, after all, when things get stressful they need our focus. However, it is good to step away from the chaos and give yourself 5-10 minutes to recoup and reflect on the GOOD things going on.
On this topic of Gratitude and of “Happy freaking Friday” to have you (myself included) write down or simply ponder about 10 things you are grateful for. This is not 10 things that are going to happen or have happened. It is 10 things, right here, in this moment that are damn good. It is important to think of these 10 things often. It is important to always remind yourself of what you are grateful for because the truth is, is that everyday is a gift. Celebrate it!
Below are a list of 10 things I am thankful for (perhaps this will get your wheels spinning)
1. My blog, it is my outlet and my creative hot-spot
3. Hugs from complete strangers
4. The shout of “Good morning!” from the goofy guy in supa dupa short running shorts (rock em’)
5. Mid run yoga sesh’s in my secret spot
6. Reaffirming comments from mentors “girl you got this”
7. Long breaks from Facebook (we all need this)
8. The symphony of bird chirping going on in my backyard (holy whatthefu**)
9. Career Change- was had for me to accept at first but I am stoked for what’s to come and I will happily welcome it!
10. Movie watching with my bro-nothing like a bro-sis date
What are 10 things you are grateful for? is it the ability to practice yoga after work? spend time with your lover? a good friend? or the fact that you are reading this post?
Happy Freaking Friday!