My Feet were locked into the pedals and I thought it would be a swift transition to unlock and gracefully land on my feet. Fast forward to roughly 10 seconds later where I lay giggling on the concrete…yes, the last week and a half have been filled with amateur moves for a “wanna-be” and “ going to be- biker”
I have left my .com job and have since been picking up a book filled with information regarding bones, muscles, and a ton of exercises that strengthen the heart and challenge the muscles. I am excited to become certified as a personal trainer and get the ball rolling in the next leg of my life.
If these past two paragraphs seem like a hodge podge of reflection then you are not mistaken. I am in a whirlwind of transition and am excited for the changes ahead, but am holding tight to the things that give me peace amongst chaos; yoga, run, bike, read, and write. Yes, these things are what get me out of bed in the morning and bring a HUGE smile to my face.
Below are goals for August:
1) Study 4 chapters of my NASM textbook a week
2) Draft and submit an article to Experience Life Magazine
1) Pick up cycling ( continue in Minnesota)
2) Complete 6 week strength plan 3x week (includes: pull-ups, squats, sit-ups, dips, push-ups) strong is the new skinny!
1) Complete my California Bucket List
2) Go to church with my 2 good friends in Minnie
What are you going after in August? Are you enjoying the last month of the summer?
Dream big. Go hard.
Post image source (actual sculpture on bike ride this week) http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5016/5492248794_575f089745_z.jpg