I am a big fan of the Whole 30.
It is 30 days of no sugar, dairy, grains, and alcohol. It is tough, it is incredibly challenging, and yet EVERY time I go back and do a whole 30 I learn something about how what you put in your bod is truly what you get out.
Below is a list of things I have noticed while whole 30’ing while being 2 days in!
- produce fills my fridge
- going to the grocery store often (produce does not keep long)
- lining up recipes to cook for dinner (yes, I am motivated to start back up in the kitchen)
- easing back on coffee, so bittersweet
- bad headaches, normal for being 2 days in
- sardines and avocados are great source of good fats
- sleeping through the whole night, no waking up at 2 and going back to sleep
- sweet potatoes are the perfect root veggie to accompany the whole 30: carbs, beta carotene, and fiber.
getting back to the basics with your diet makes you more aware of getting back to the basics in your personal life; ditching negative people, de-cluttering your personal space, taking more time to cook, sleep, and re-commit to the things that add value to life!
I have listed a link below with information regarding the Whole 30:
Have you every done a recaliberation diet? a detox? are you curious if you have a food allergy? Take a look at the site above and see if it is something that could benefit you.
Page image source: http://theascentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/whole30-expect.jpg