April fool’s day settled in a little too quickly for me. I swear this month has flown. I mean, here I am writing about April’s goals over 2 weeks into the month?! however, I’m cool sitting here and tapping away on my laptop with a computer desktop that is filled with word docs, marathon training excel sheets, and notes from a week of instructor training at a kick ass studio in the bay area. Yes, this month has been crazy and double-to the hell- yes I am sitting here on April 19th with a cup of coffee in my lap as I stare at this computer screen, but it’s been a challenging and rad month so here it goes:
Below is what I went after in March. *The bolded text are goals that I accomplished
• Add intervals to Hal Higdon’s Marathon Training for Santa Cruz Marathon:http://halhigdon.com/training/51140/Marathon-Intermediate-2-Training-Program
• Whole 30’ing except for hummus (gets me to eat more veggies )GU (fuel for long-runs, Cliff Bar brand) (wine-love a glass of vino) if you have no idea what the Whole 30 is check it out here: http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/
• I make fish 1x week
• NASM study sesh: 2 chapters a week and flashcards created for previously read chapters
• April 1st-15th find a spin certification class and put it on the calendar. I need to be teaching!
• Attention to detail, focus, and stellar performance at my current position. I will get another award!
• Get my car fixed poor car
• Get my California license!
• Think of a positive for every negative thought (Thanks Lise for this one, love the idea and putting it to practice this month)
• Lululemon trip-yes, I am overdue and going to splurge!
Below is what is on the Agenda for April:
- Take on recruiting responsibilities at work: hiring, onboarding, and training
- Kick ass in revolutions instructor training at Uforia Studios, for more info, check it here: http://www.uforiastudios.com/classes/
- Seasonal focus project is a big success and I get a new role at work
- Kill it with marathon training and add more short runs during the work week. I also need to remain injury free.
- Protein focused diet; glycemic index concious, and Whole 30’esque.
- Increase spin endurance: 4x week for instructor training
- Dance in SF 1x week
- Direct communication
- Don’t commit to things I don’t want to do
New Finds/ Likes this month
- Scott running shoes: got a pair because they were sold out of Asics DS trainers and it was love at first run
- Coconut water with pulp
- Wild smoked salmon from Trader Joe’s: great add on to meals or used for snacks. I like to pair it with eggs or put it on top of salads.
- Metabolic Testing – David Toy (PT, HLC) from Equinox introduced me to this philosophy and it gives great perspective on how your body runs the most efficiently.
Make 1 dozen hard boiled eggs- use them for snacks, salads, great way to get your protein and omegas
Vega nutritional shake-lovin’ it, check it here: http://myvega.com/products/product-comparison-chart
What have you been up to in April? has this month flown by for you? What goals can you set today to be where you want to be in a month?
Post image source: