“I’m a cotton-headed ninnymuggins” I watch Elf every year to set the holiday mood. This movie had me buckled over laughing last night. I mean, eating gum off the street in New York City? Maple Syrup on spaghetti? There isn’t a scene where Buddy (Will Pharrell) ceases to break social norms in the big and bold New York City.
Below is a list of 25 Reason to love the Holidays
- The smell of pine trees
- The coming together of family and friends
- kids dressed up in holiday clothes
- You get to watch Elf, Love Actually, and Home Alone
- Drinks like coffee, tea, and cider warm you up
- Receiving and reading Christmas cards from friends and family
- Christmas lights everywhere
- Bringing out the Christmas ornament you made in 2nd grade
- Sharing new holiday recipes
- The extra motivation to get to the gym (think holiday parties)
- Catching up with friends from high school, college, grad school etc.
- Watching the reaction after giving a gift
- Writing Christmas cards
- Ugly Christmas sweater parties
- Lit fireplaces
- Hearing Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is you”
- The fact you can add “Happy Holidays” to literally every conversation
- Great time of the year for red lipstick
- New and old pictures with Santa
- Frank Sinatra…enough said.
- You never feel like your “missing out” on Christmas Eve or Christmas because it’s known that everyone is with their family
- Time off of work
- Macy’s Christmas display…yes, I said it.
- Being snuggly and cuddly with family/friends
- High spirits from giving
What do you enjoy most about the holidays?
Post Picture Source: