I am documenting the Whole 30 day-by-day with the following goals in mind:
- Be a guinea pig for others
- Try something that has been getting a lot of attention in the health blog world
- Break out of the habit of relying on Trader Joe’s for everything and make new meals that I actually enjoy eating.
- GET COOKING
I will post daily during the Whole 30:
- Hours of Sleep
- Whole 30 Meal/ Snack Recipie
I pretty much cried when I had to freeze the peanut butter . I froze pasta sauce (with sugar), gluten free bread, greek yogurt, hummus and luckily finished the last of the Greensplus bars a few days prior.
Luckily I knew I was going to commit to the Whole 30 so I didnt have to “tweak” too many things in my kitchen. I purchased a few things for the weekend and now I have got a Whole 30 friendly fridge for one:
- sweet potatos
- coconut water, Blue Monkey brand with pulp
- canned chicken, ingredients: chicken and salt
- pecan butter (first timer, and def a fan)
- oven roasted almonds
- dried prunes
- olive oil
Later today I will be getting tupperware for the work week. It deffinitely takes more planning then I have been doing, but I like how it’s forcing me to be creative in the kitch.
Day 1: Saturday 9/9
Sleep: 1a-9a, 8 hours, yes! deffinitely a person who needs 8 hours otherwise I am a crab and nap, which, is very inconvenient with how busy the days have been.
Workout: 8.5 mile run, 2.5 mile walk due to getting lost (eeeek) and 20 min roll out with softball on the hips, it’s a love and hate relationship.
Mood: good, a bit pissed I couldn’t get to mile 13, but had to listen to the hips.
Snack: Banana Bliss
- 1 med banana sliced
- 1 tbsp Pecan Butter
I like to chop up the banana and put it in a bowl and drizzle the pecan butter and top it with LOTS of cinnamon.